Tampere conservatoire, Pyynikki hall
20.9.-28.9. First and second rounds, Finals with piano accompaniment
All rounds will be open to the public.
The final concert the 1st of October at 19 pm. The three main award winners will perform as soloists of Tampere Philharmonic Orchestra. Conductor Erkki Lasonpalo.
The competition is open to contestants born between 19 Apr. 1991 and 19 Apr. 2006.
Finnish citizens and students who have studied in Finland for at least 3 consecutive academic years (since autumn 2018) are eligible to participate.
I 10,000 EUR
II 7,500 EUR
III 5,000 EUR
Registration takes place online between 15 Dec. 2020 and 15 Jan. 2021. A link will be published on the competition website tampereenpianokilpailu.fi. The registration fee is 50 EUR.
- Music composed before 1750
- Music composed in 1750–1828
- A part/parts of a composition are possible
- Two etudes in different styles
- One etude composed before 1950
- One etude composed in or after 1950
The total duration for the first round performance is 25-30 minutes, including breaks.
- The work selected in the composition competition for the Tampere piano competition, duration no more than 8 minutes. The sheet music will be delivered to the contestants by 15 February 2021.
- Music composed by Alexander Scriabin
- A freely chosen programme
The total duration for the second round performance is 40-50 minutes, including breaks.
One of the following concertos:
- Bartók: no 3
- Beethoven: no 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5
- Brahms: no 1 or 2
- Chopin: no 1 or 2
- Liszt: no 1 or 2
- Mendelssohn: no 1
- Prokofjev: no 2 or 3
- Rahmaninov: no 2 or 3
- Ravel: G-major
- Saint-Saëns: no 2
- Tšaikovski: no 1
Tampere Piano Association